Finn Church Aid Field Officers Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 11, 2014
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid.
Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.
FCA is looking for Field Officers (5) Positions
The Field Officers are to be based in Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit Turkana and counties. (one officer in each county).
The field officer will be responsible for the county-level coordination of activities for the Conflict Management component of the Resilience and Economic Growth in Arid Lands – Improving Resilience (REGAL-IL).
The position reports to Project Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Acting as the key county-level contact person for the conflict management component of the REGAL –IR project. Keeping regular contact and coordinating activities with county government, communities, local partners and other consortium members.
- Organizing trainings for county government officials, communities and local partners.
- Carry out trainings and facilitation responsibilities when needed.
- Collecting information and writing monthly, quarterly, annually county-level reports on projects activities, ensuring timelines are respected.
- Keeping records of the all financial transactions and reporting them to the FCA Nairobi office monthly.
- Undertake other duties as designated.
Competence and Personal Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Conflict or peace building studies
- Field working experience; experience in USAID-funded projects an advantage
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Fluent written and oral English and local languages skills are appreciated
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Prior experience in riding motorbike (requirement of valid license)
- Having no affiliation to the conflict area in question that would result in a perception of bias by the communities. A non-partisan unbiased approach must be throughout the project
Interested candidate should submit their application by 12th February 2014 to