Finance Trainee Job in Kenya
Gross USD 2200 upon Confirmation
Our client is an international Logistics & Supply Chain company is carrying out a Finance Management Trainee programme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Release of accurate monthly accounting reports on time
- Lay down the check list for month closing activity and ensure that it is followed
- Review work, and ensure the standard operating procedures are being adhered to
- Proper implementation of the accounting policies
- Plan & co-ordinate with the internal auditors on scope and the areas to be covered by the internal audit plan and ensure its implementation.
- Ensure sign off on the statutory accounts with least number of disposal points
- Support to all company departments.
- Designing reports and analysis which achieve the desired goals
- Develop independent view on the state on business through analysis of these reports.
- Presenting the reports to seniors
- Review the Transaction Cost Budget used by the businesses– check the assumptions and the costs going into TCB – help the business take prudent business decisions.
- Financial evaluation of projects and post implementation review of the projects
- Asses the financial implications of the various strategic decisions of the businesses
- Assisting in preparation of Standard operating procedures for the department
- Anchor the annual budgeting exercise and ensure that the businesses have a rational assumption basis for the budget.
- Ensure that cost controls are exercised.
- Monthly review process with respect to exposure & other risk reports with operations
- Taking action on breaches
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with the Tax Authorities and other Statutory Authorities.
- Develops checklist of statutory compliances to comply with in the origin
- Reviews compliance
- Ensures documentation of reasons for deviations to the same
- Ensure legal updates with respect to the businesses at origin on periodic basis (or in case of any significant change).
- Liaison with lawyers for legal opinions
- Understanding of the local business requirements and co-coordinating with IT Team to ensure timely system support
- To sign off on whether the procedures in the country are in sync with the systems (both operational and accounting
- Ensure smooth funding for the running of the business and for the new business opportunities.
- Ensure effective foreign exchange management as per the group policy.
- Ensure Good relation with Banks.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related fields (2nd Class Upper) Added advantage
- ACCA graduates who are 1st time passes with average grades of over 60%.
- CPA graduates who are first time passes (those who have completed their exams in 3 years).
- Minimum 2 years experience in Finance functions, especially in “Big 4” Audit firms
- Brilliant finance minds
- High energy level
- Commercial acumen
- Orientation to Profitability
- Planning & organizing skills
- Numeric ability and ability to make sense from data
- Conceptual Thinking
- Influencing & Persuading
- Decision Making
- Attention to Detail
- Innovative & creative
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing