Finance Manager and Sales Executives Jobs in Kenya 2014
Position:- Finance Manager
Job Purpose:- To ensure that the Company is commercial in outlook, has sound financial systems and control designed to support its entrepreneurial approach, achieves its financial targets profitably and meets all relevant statutory requirements in Kenya.
The successful Candidate should have at least 5 years of experience, including previous management responsibility.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and direction of the Company by making commercial and financial input both strategic and operational as a member of the Senior Management Team;
- Be involved in implementing all financial aspects of the strategic plan and achieving relevant objectives;
- Help manage and maintain, in close working relationship with the Managing Director, the business planning and budgetary process including budgets, capital expenditure, budget monitoring and re-forecasts;
- Ensure that the company has effective financial systems, controls and processes in place and that these are used throughout the company.
- Review financial targets and performance levels, proposing action plans to generate additional revenues/profit and rectify shortfalls;
- Continuously evaluate and improve the Company’s financial performance including efficient and effective treasury management;
- Provide the Managing Director and Board with accurate, up to date management information both individualized and comparative as to the performance, in financial terms, of the Company’s different products, operational units and territories;
- Develop a strong commercial insight into and understanding of key clients and suppliers;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of high quality timely reports and meet deadlines for financial reporting;
- Lead the finance team, setting high personal and professional standards, exercising effective leadership and control, with sound communication, objective setting, appraisal and the identification of staff training and development needs.
- Liaise closely with colleagues at all levels throughout the Company to ensure that commercial priorities, financial targets and discipline are both well understood and adhered to;
- Support the Managing Director in building the business case for product and market development;
- Support the Managing Director to propose financial and capital strategies and assist with the financial aspects of any acquisition process including those relating to properties and leases;
- Ensure that the Company meets its corporate, statutory and fiscal obligations in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Ensure that arrangements are in place for effective audit both internal and external and secure a “clean” audit;
- Ensure that the Company is adequately covered for all reasonable risks, with insurance policies in place and subject to regular review and renewal;
- Constantly review, update and, when appropriate, recommend revising the Company’s scales of charges in respect both of its Kenya clients and its worldwide market;
- Support the preparation of and giving final financial approval and authorization, signing off the costing and pricing of all quotations and tenders to clients before contracts are agreed and entered into;
- Play a major role in helping introduce a viable pension scheme for colleagues in line with legislative requirements;
- Ensure that any currency conversion is managed effectively;
- Attend client briefings / presentations occasionally in a support role;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Managing a company’s financial accounting, monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends, handle debtors;
- Ensure that all transactional, payroll and VAT/ taxation requirements are met
- Undertake other such reasonable duties as required by the Directors.
- Typical qualities of a successful Finance Manager include:
- A fully Qualified Accountant eg. CPA (K)/ACCA/ CIMA / ACA or a holder of a relevant degree with a CPA part II (section 4)
- Possess good accounting experience, some tax knowledge desirable
- Experience within a manufacturing environment and direct involvement with implementation or development of new or existing ERP systems.
- Excellent eye for detail, diligent knowledge of accounting regulations
- Capabilities to supervise, manage and lead staff
- Excellent commercial flair and industry experience
- Drive and commitment
- Able to enthuse and motivate staff
Other posts available:
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Company, please send your covering letter and must indicate current and expected salary, availability, attach CV, scanned copies of your certificates and testimonials to the following address specifying the post applied for not later than 8th January 2014 ;
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
Email address: [email protected]