Finance Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Our client, a Business Strategy Consultancy is in need of a Finance Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
This position is accountable for leading the organization in developing financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, financial controls, ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls
- Responsible for the delivery of cost effective and efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements of the organization.
- Prepare the financial section of the annual report.
- Ensure the Foundation is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and oversee the Internal Review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with in the organization. Ensure effective follow up processes are in place.
- Manage the financial system, ensuing maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
Cash and Risk Management
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long-term cash forecast. Management Reporting
- Perform all financial management reporting for the organization.
- Ensure financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Develop and prepare a monthly
Management Reporting Package.
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Develop and Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Lead the quarterly outlook process.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Special Projects as assigned by Directors.
Strategic Thinking and Planning Skills
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Understanding and experience with re-engineering processes and large scale systems change
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead complex projects through to an end point
Managing and Leading
- Able to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives
- Able to build effective teams, coach and develop others
- An individual who seizes opportunities and takes initiative as appropriate
Influence and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Relationship building and rapport skills
- Influencing and networking skills
- Able to work with and through volunteer/expert relationships and associations and alliances
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to grasp organization’s short- and long-term priorities and develop systems, processes and policies to support the achievement of them in a cost effective manner
- On an ongoing basis, evaluated and prioritizes activities, focuses people resources against key business priorities
- Degree or significant experience in finance, accounting, or corporate finance required
- 7 years experience preferably in a similar capacity and corporate environment
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Knowledge of Financial software and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.