Finance, Management and Legal Services Manager Jobs in Kenya
The job holder reports to the Managing Director and will be charged with the following responsibilities:-
- Review and analyze credit appraisal reports received from business units.
- Ensure compliance with portfolio management objectives with respect to exposure limits, diversification and/or concentration.
- Recommend loans for consideration by approving authority.
- Establish and manage a system to assess performance of assets within the portfolio.
- Monitor aspects of sectors or industries (with respect to climate, farmer knowledge and technology) that may have an impact on credit of various portfolio through market intelligence and project monitoring reports.
- Determine returns on portfolio, portfolio at risk and return on risk and reporting imminent default or non-performing of debt service obligations by clients.
- Analysis of the impact of changing economic or industry conditions on the quality and inherent risk on the aggregate loan portfolio.
- Review the impact of external factors (interest rates, production costs and operating expenses, commodity prices, production levels, and collateral values) on a loan or group of loans.
- Review credit policy risk acceptance procedures and ensure compliance.
- Establish an early warning system to identify any deteriorating credit exposures.
- Review workout action plans and process.
- Disseminate research findings and train staff involved on loan processing procedures, managing and recovery of credit.
- Masters Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Finance or any other related field
- Degree in Agriculture, or related field
- 10 years experience in Agricultural or Finance related field
- Possess/demonstrate project and process management skills
- Demonstrate competence in analytical, business strategy, leadership and communications skills
- Posses excellent organizing, mobilizing, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent interaction and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
The job holder reports to Chief Manager, Legal Services/Corporation Secretary and will be charged with the following responsibilities:-Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the preparation of legal documents and court representation for AFC with regard to ongoing cases to ensure successful litigation outcomes.
- Coordinate the drafting, reviewing, execution and registration of agreements, MOUs and other legal documents to ensure their accuracy, correctness and completeness.
- Supervise legal registry operations to ensure preservation, storage and retrieval of security documents.
- Provide administrative and secretarial services for the senior management meetings to ensure accurate recording of proceedings and subsequent follow up of resolutions by stakeholders.
- Coordinate legal loan recovery process to ensure timely and effective recovery of loans.
- Lead the Legal Services Division and motivate and coach staff so as to maximize employee performance.
- Manage relationships with external lawyers, auctioneers and valuers in line with AFC’s external communication policies.
- Provide legal opinions on general matters and depending on the complexity, liaise with the Corporation Secretary, so as to guide decision making and/or mitigate risk.
- LLB Law Degree
- Diploma, Kenya School of Law
- 7 years legal experience, 3 of which should have been a legal associate in a busy law or a large organization.
- Hands on experience in conveyance and litigation.
- Computer literacy
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Report writing skills
The Managing Director
Agricultural Finance Corporation
Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue
P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO