Finance Job in Nairobi Kenya
Finance Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
The job holder will report directly to the Managing Director.
The Main purpose of this job is to provide strategic support to the Managing Director and Board of Directors by leading the financial planning and management processes so as to maximize profitable growth and shareholder value of the Company.
- Formulate, execute and review corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets in line with functional responsibilities of the Finance Department.
- Provide leadership in the formulation, implementation, analysis and review of effective financial management policies and strategies.
- Provide leadership in the preparation, monitoring and control of the budget in line with the Company’s strategic plan so as to enhance effective utilization of financial resources.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ensure efficient and effective management, utilization and control of Company’s assets and financial resources so as to maximize shareholder returns.
- Manage the department’s staff, including responsibility for scheduling work, performance management, setting up of Key Performance indicators,(KPIs),mentoring, coaching and discipline.
- Develop and maintain efficient system of monitoring working capital requirements so as to ensure that operating activities of the Company are optimally funded at reasonable cost.
- Ensure proper internal control mechanisms are put in place.
- Liaise with external auditors and ensure that the annual audit is conducted on time and timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Tax planning and management.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting from a recognized University.
- CPA(K) holder or ACCA
- A relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- A high degree of strategic and commercial aptitude as well as excellent communication skills.
- At least six years relevant experience in a reputable organization, three (3) of which must be at a senior management level, preferably as head of the finance function.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills and computer literate.
- Honest and trustworthy with sound work ethics.
They focus on attracting, developing & retaining the best talent.
Their work environment nurtures these three values (passion, innovation & integrity). In addition to a competitive salary and a comprehensive range of benefits commensurate with the requisite, the company can offer a challenging and rewarding career.
If you are innovative, self-starter and results oriented individual, looking for a challenging career and you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, detailed C.V to [email protected] by 5th September, 2013 clearly indicating ‘Finance Manager ‘ on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted