Finance and Accounting Manager (East Africa) Job in Nairobi Kenya – Management Consulting Firm
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
Our client is a top global management consulting firm operating in 50 countries worldwide.
They are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments and institutions.
They wish to fill the position of Manager of Finance & Accounting East Africa.
Job Ref: MN 5906
The Role: Act as a strategic support to the partner group for the region.
- Overall compliance with finance process and policies, both internal and external.
- Compliance with relevant statutory guidelines and laws, with a key emphasis on tax compliance (VAT, WHT, corporate tax, personal tax) and tax optimization across the region.
- Day-to-day finance function (general ledger, reconciliations), including accounts payable (vendor management ,processing, payments), fixed assets and work-in-progress management.
- Monthly and annual statutory filings, including VAT, WHT, PAYE.
- Project management of statutory and internal audits and any audits from, e.g., tax authorities.
- Cash flow management and banking
- Monthly management account presentation and analysis
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 3 year university degree in finance and accounting with excellent academic results
- Minimum of 3 years post-articles/internship experience with a ‘Big 4’ audit firm; preferably 3-5 years’ commercial experience in finance and accounting in a professional services environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work independently and manage remote shared services centre support
- Exceptional Excel capability and experience on an ERP system (Oracle highly preferred)
- Willingness to travel within the East Africa region and further if required
Please apply via email only.
You SHOULD disclose your current or past salary.
Apply before 12 Noon 24 January, 2014 to [email protected]