Finance & Accounting Manager – East Africa Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 180K – 270K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Finance & Accounting Manager – East Africa (Nairobi)
Location: Nairobi & East Africa
Salary: 180,000 – 270,000
Our client is a leading management consultant firm, offering management advice to organizations across the globe.
They are looking to hire a Finance & Accounting Manager for their East Africa operations.
- Management of the finance function for East Africa, based in Nairobi.
- Lead multiple finance processes (“hands-on”), drive ad hoc finance projects and other initiatives.
- Be a strategic support to the Group for the region, take a leadership role in building the practice and play a leadership role within the support function as this develops across the region.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall compliance with finance process and policies, both internal and external
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory guidelines and laws, with a key emphasis on tax compliance (VAT, Withholding Tax, Corporate Tax, Personal Tax) and tax optimization across the region
- Day-to-day finance function, including a broad range of tasks across general accounting (general ledger, reconciliations), accounts payable (vendor management, processing, payments), fixed assets, work-in-progress (‘WIP’) management (client invoicing, transaction processing, project analysis, variance reporting, etc.) and accounts receivable (client payments).
- Monthly and annual statutory filings, including VAT, WHT, PAYE, etc
- Project management of statutory audits, internal audits and any audits from tax authorities
- Cash flow management and banking
- Monthly management account presentation, analysis, variance reporting, building of complex financial models to support analysis processes and inputs into key decision making processes
- Oversees recruitment, development, coaching, structure of support teams, including finance., as the practice develops and grows across the region
Qualification & Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor of Commerce in finance and accounting with strong academic results
- Preferably 3-5 years commercial experience in a PROFESSIONAL SERVICES environment in finance and accounting
- Minimum of 3 years experience with ‘Big 4’ audit firms
- Excellent analytic thinking, problem solving skills and a proven ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of fundamental finance and accounting processes, coupled with a strong working knowledge of TAX (VAT, WHT, Corporate Tax, PAYE, etc.)
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, an ability to work independently and manage remote shared services centre support (i.e. manage remote teams)
- Exceptional Excel capability and experience on an ERP system (Oracle highly preferred)
- Willingness to travel within the East Africa region and further if-and-when required to do so
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance & Accounting Manager 180-270K) to [email protected] before 27th January 2014
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.