Field Engineer Job in DRC
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 23, 2014
Field Engineer –Lubumbashi, DRC
The function of the Field Engineer is to act as the mobile field service engineer on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with senior engineering staff members, Response Center, and logistics to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain maximum customer satisfaction second to none.
- Perform remedial repair activities on customer site.
- Arrive to work, job sites, and meetings on time and prepared
- Test various parts used for service, particularly the tyres
- Recognize situations requiring a service call Escalation and follows proper Escalation Procedures.
- Provide the support required to close service events promptly, within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer (“fix the customer”)
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates to the ticketing system
- As needed, communicates frequently with customers and other personnel
- Validating actual problem and validating correct tire parts to be used for service
- Effective ‘debrief’ and reporting of service call for future enhancements
- Travel to and from customer locations (usually by car), documenting work activity and maintaining administrative paperwork.
- Train employees, identify, analyze and repair product failures, order and replace parts as needed.
- Performs root cause failure analyses and failure modes to determine the cause and effects of various types of issues based on field test data.
- Communicates with customer engineering teams (verbally and written) regarding any follow-up actions for field testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3 years experience as a Field Engineer
- Demonstrated experience in the tyre industry
- Experience in the mining industry, servicing mines, conducting field surveys and scrap analysis will be an added advantage
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stress and work in high pressure situations
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills and technical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record
Email CV and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Field Engineer” in the subject line.