FH Kenya Logistics and Security Job Vacancy
Category: Logistics Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 4, 2013
FH Kenya Logistics and Security Manager Job in Marsabit
Job Title: Logistics and Security Manager
Reports To: Country Director (CD)
Closing date for applications: 25th September, 2013
Contract Length: 3 Years
Position Location: Marsabit, with frequent travel
This position is a senior role in the organization, reporting to the Country Director.
The Logistics Manager will not only oversee his/her main functions and the Logistics staff in Marsabit, but will also be responsible for the position’s functions in other FH’s offices across the country.
Key Result #1 – Security and Communication
This position will ensure that FH staff are working in a safe environment.
This will include attending relevant security meetings at County and National levels, as well as developing good relationships with police and other security personnel in our areas of operation.
The Logistics Manager is responsible to oversee the radio system, FH Satelite phones ensuring that they are functioning well.
Key Result #2 – Fleet Management
The Logistics Manager will oversee all FH Kenya staff transportation, including ground and air transportation.
He/she will also be responsible for ensuring safe and affordable transportation of staff with vehicles that do not belong to FH, managing contracts and external relationships where appropriate.
He/she will oversee vehicle maintenance, timely service as well as being responsible to train, set standards for, and oversee all the drivers in the country program, even those not located in Marsabit.
Key Result #3 – Procurement and Distribution
The position is responsible to ensure that appropriate systems are in place for timely procurement and distribution of program and support materials.
This includes ensuring that any systems have safeguards, checks and balances that guard against fraud
Key Result #4 – Asset Management and compliance monitoring
Responsible, in coordination with the finance team, for ensuring that FH Kenya has an appropriate asset tracking system in place.
The system should include quarterly inventory tracking reports and should have an excellent asset movement tracking system.
Responsible for ensuring Logistics polices & procedures are in compliance with applicable FH Kenya, funding source & government policies, procedures and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business management, Supply Chain, Logistics Systems or
- Five year’s experience in a similar sized organization
- Proven experience managing logistics systems in infrastructure limited environments and direct experience in creating logistics (flow) systems
- Solid understanding of vehicle mechanics, specifically Land Cruisers and Land Rovers
- Demonstrable experience with HF radio and security protocols
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong computer skills and Reporting experience very helpful
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts and with limited resources.
- Willingness to travel to other field offices.
- Able to manage human resources for optimum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Fluency in spoken and written Swahili and English
Interested and qualified candidates should email their applications indicating the expected salary, updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to – email address [email protected] latest by 25th September, 2013, noting that
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted