Faulu Kenya Group / SME Relationship Officers and Tellers / Customer Service Officers Jobs
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 13, 2014
Exciting Career Opportunities
Faulu Kenya Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited is a dynamic Christian organization within the micro-finance sector.
Faulu was the first Micro Finance Institution in Kenya to be licensed by the Central Bank as a deposit taking institution.
In line with the growing business needs we are seeking highly competent, focused, and results oriented individuals for various positions within our business units across the country.
1. Relationship Officers (Group/ SME)
Reporting to the Senior Relationship Officer, the position holder will be tasked with the role of growing a high quality Group/SME portfolio, managing all client relationships and promoting the growth of the deposit book while ensuring excellent customer service and team work.
Key Roles and Expectations
The position’s key roles include: -
- Portfolio growth and management: Recruit and retain clients ensuring a growth in loan disbursement through excellent customer service and timely service delivery.
- Deposit Mobilization: Solicit deposits to match and exceed the loan book.
- Loan processing: Ensure thorough business assessment, proper securitization and compliance to audit standards and company policy.
- Client education: Disseminate information to prospective clients and ensure understanding of operations policy as well as training them on group leadership.
- Loan book quality management: Ensure that all loans given are paid timely in compliance to policy and statutory requirements.
- A link with the public: Liaise with local administration, maintain relationships with the public and portray company values at the marketplace.
Academic Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field.
Knowledge and Skills: Practical knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management and computer literacy a must.
Experience: 2 years’ experience in lending either in SME or Group preferably in a financial institution a must.
2. Tellers / Customer Service Officers
Job Ref: HR: 023/1/2014
Reporting to the Branch Operations & Service Supervisor the position holder will ensure excellent customer service, high levels of professionalism, accuracy and prompt service delivery within our banking operations.
The position holder will among other duties carry out the following duties:
- Transaction processing: Process daily customer transactions in line with Faulu policies and other operation procedures.
- Customer service: Ensure high standards of customer service ensuring all customer queries are handled appropriately.
- Cross selling: Proactively cross sell all Faulu products ensuring quality after sale service.
- Investigate and respond to all customer enquiries promptly.
- Maintaining regular internal (to staff) and external (to customers) communication on Customer Service matters.
- A business related degree or equivalent preferably in Finance & Banking, IT or Minimum CPA part 2.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Should be a computer proficient person who pays attention to detail.
- Speed and accuracy for these positions is important.
- Knowledge on policies and procedures applied in DTM will be an added advantage.
- One year experience as a teller &/or in customer service in a financial institution.
Personal attributes for all the above positions
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- A team player.
- Willing to learn, a fast learner preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the low income population.
If you meet the specified criteria: Drop your credentials (CV & Cover Letter) to a Faulu branch near you, (including 3 referees, one of whom must be a spiritual leader) addressed as below:
Head of Human Resources
Faulu Kenya Limited
P.O Box 60240 – 00200
Faulu Kenya Limited
P.O Box 60240 – 00200
Note: All applications should reach us on or before 25th January, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.