Farm Shop Finance Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
This position requires accounting and finance experience, high level critical thinking, and project and people management in order to work with all departments to manage resources effectively in a high-growth environment. This position reports to the CEO.
Senior CFO candidates may be considered based on appropriate fit with SME culture.
- Management: Manage strategic direction (both short and long term) for Finance/Accounting department, including supervision of accounting staff.
- Functions: AR, AP, Payroll, Inventory
- Reporting: Management of weekly management dashboard; preparation of monthly financial statements (balance sheet and income statement); bank & Board presentations.
- Systems: Maintain/develop accounting systems in Pastel & Quickbooks.
- Budgets: Implement and manage annual budgeting process with all business leads; coordinate monthly departmental budgets.
- Analysis: Develop business analytics program with business leads to drive healthy revenue growth and cost savings. Strategize with business leads to identify and prioritize opportunities in sourcing, supplier development, internal improvements, and other strategic areas for operational excellence and cost savings.
- Compliance: Manage annual audit process and KRA filings.
- Decisions: Identify areas of risk and implement appropriate mitigation measures. Make good and timely ‘risk versus reward’ decisions considering both short and long term outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, with accounting/finance focus, CPA-K/ACCA. MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years post-qualification work experience in accounting/finance in a medium or large manufacturing/processing company, including management experience.
- Experience with Pastel and Quickbooks accounting software.
- Excellent financial and business analytical skills, with the ability to see beyond the numbers.
- Proficient in computer applications including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans, Commodity/Market Analyses, Negotiation skills, Project Management.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and influencing skills (all levels).
- Ability to initiate and manage change to enhance business bottom-line.
- Strong leadership skills, integrity, work ethic, and dependability.
The application deadline is 31st January, 2014.