Farm Manager Job in Ndaragua Kenya (KShs 50K – 60K)
Job Purpose / Summary: The Farm Manager shall be responsible for all recruiting and supervising all staff in the Farm, supervising planting, harvesting, storage and all other aspects of the Farm’s production to ensure high quality products.
- Direct and coordinate workers and farm activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
- Market the produce and confer with customers and arrange for sale of the produce.
- Record information such as production, farm management practices, stock and prepare and submit financial and operational reports to the Executive Board.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seeds, fertilizer, and chemicals in liaison with the Management Committee.
- Evaluate financial statements, make budget projections and prepare and implementing annual budgets for the Farm’s farming programme
- Understand, interpret and analyse Financial Accounts and Management Accounts and make presentation to the Executive Board.
- Develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep the crops disease-free.
- Conduct research on current trends, challenges, solutions and develop innovative farming techniques
- Supervising and providing technical assistance to farm workers
- Advising management on better and improved farming techniques and new innovations
- Act as cheque signatory for and authorize expenditure up to limits as agreed by the management.
- Overseeing the farm’s equipment and tools and ensuring their best up keep
- Identifying staff development and training needs and ensure that training is obtained.
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations and other regulatory bodies in the industry
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans
- Demonstrate clear integrity and a sense of ethics and responsibility to the farm and its employees on a daily basis, serving as a model for others
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- BSc. Animal Nutrition
- Minimum 5 years farm management work experience