FAO Somalia PPP Financial and Business Consultant Kenya
FAO Somalia PPP Financial and Business Consultant Job in Nairobi with Travel to Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/109/2013
Position Title: PPP Financial and Business Consultant
Contract Type: Local Consultancy
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 30 Days
Under general supervision of the Officer in Charge for Somalia, with functional guidance from the Livestock Sector Coordinator and under the direct supervision of the SEED Programme Manager and working in close collaboration with the SEED Conflict Advisor, the consultant will develop methodology for the financial analysis/business plan development;( in the interim the proposed data collection methodology entails 2 focused group discussion and 10 key informant interviews per location, and 1 feedback session to present preliminary thoughts on financial viability of proposed Public- Private Partnership projects).
For effective Programme implementation it is crucial that all partners clearly understand the context of operation, while at the same time seeking to conceptualize the existing relationship between livelihood interventions and conflict.
It is in view of the above that the SEED Programme under Livestock Sector of FAO/UN-Somalia is calling for applications from qualified consultants to undertake the task of undertaking a financial analysis and developing business plans for Public Private Partnership projects in the Livestock and fisheries sectors.
Roles, Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and present a methodology for financial analysis/business planning and tools of data collection Review existing literature on PPP within Somalia and beyond (3 days)
- Undertake data collection using the approved methodology (15days)
- Present 4 financial analysis reports and business plans one for each of the four projects with concrete recommendations on new areas of focus and ways of improving sustainability and profitability. (8 days)
- Prepare and deliver a PPT presentation of the findings at FAO Nairobi Office (1 day)
- Submit draft consultancy report for review and finalization (3days)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in Financial Analysis and Business Planning for Public Private Partnership Projects and undertaking consultancy assignments in the areas of strategic planning, business/market analysis, business process analysis and improvement, competitive analysis, conducting specific market research on agribusiness and infrastructure markets will be considered as an added advantage.
- Study methodology and Data collection tools
- One (1) Consultancy Report
- Four (4) Financial analysis and business plan reports
- Ability to analyze profitability and performance, and proposing improvements;
- Ability to analyze performance across revenue and expenses lines, variances compared to prior periods, and trend data;
- Skills in coordination of planning/ forecasting process and assessing the viability of value-chain products;
- Skills in corrective action and identifying cost savings opportunities;
- Knowledge of compliance with local budgetary reporting requirements and internal controls;
- Skills in providing consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses;
- Experience relevant to conflict in Somalia is desirable
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/109/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available below. Click Apply
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.
Deadline for Application: 30th August 2013