FAO Somalia Office Assistant (Logistics) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/09/2014
Position Title: Office Assistant (Logistics)
Contract Type: National Personnel Project
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 3 Months, with possible extension
- Assist Logistics Assistant in various warehouse operations (receiving materials, inspection of newly arrived materials, issue verification shelving e.t.c) and support lading and off-loading of all inputs.
- Place and arrange stores and equipment according to established BIN location.
- Request, monitor and keep records of all expendables for the office.
- Prepare Tax exemption documents.
- Manage and monitor overtime for drivers
- Manage and update fuel usage of official vehicles
- Prepare and update the Inventory Quantity Report and Prepare and update the Fixed Assets Register
- Undertake in the general function of the office administration as may be required
- Assist Administrative/finance/HR/Logistics staff make photocopies, binding documents, filing of documents, open doors for visitors etc.
- Perform any other related duties as required
Education: Secondary school education. Or equivalent commercial school. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce will be an Advantage.
Work Experience: Two years of clerical, administrative or logistics experience Preferably in the NGOs or in the UN.
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language (Kiswahili) is required.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/09/2014 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) availablehttp://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.