FAO Somalia Junior Human Resource Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/07/2014
Position Title: Junior Human Resource Assistant
Contract Type: National Personnel Project
Duration: 3 Months, with possible extension
- Play an operational and office assistance role to FAO programmes and projects and performs a variety of administrative functions of the office.
- Carry out administrative duties, including assisting in travel arrangements, organizing meetings and events held in the country; providing Logistical and Procurement clerical support as required;
- Maintain a filing system of technical and administrative documents and correspondence. Assist in maintaining local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
- Management of contracts in COIN (County Office Information Network) and HRMS (Human resources Management System). Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations;
- Organize to obtain work permits, visas, VAT exemptions, PRO-1B, UNLPs, IDs, security cards, business cards, and other pertinent documentation;
- Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions and classification, vacancy announcement, initial screening of candidates, establishing interview panels, reviewing recommendations on recruitment. Oversight of recruitment under FAO Somalia projects;
- Act as Secretary to the Staff Selection Committee Panel, draft, review and certification of submissions to the O.I.C. or his delegated;
- Maintain Personnel files and HR documentation ensuring that all personnel information is on file (signed contracts, staff and dependent(s) data, PHF (Personal History Form) and copy of diplomas, UN security-related training requirements are met, medical clearance, etc.);
- Compile, manage and maintain the annual leave planner and quarterly update;
- Assisting in the processing of consultancy contracts.
- Any other assigned duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education. Bachelor’s degree will be an advantage.
Work Experience: Two years experience in Administration and Human Resources Management.
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Willingness to learn and apply new analytical approaches
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/07/2014 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) availablehttp://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.