FAO Somalia Junior Finance Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/03/2014
Position Title: Junior Finance Assistant
Contract Type: National Personnel Project
Duration: 3 Months, with possible extension
- Play an operational and Office Assistant role to FAO programmes and subjects and projects and performs a variety of administrative functions of the officer.
- Analyze payment workloads by project and maintain the petty cash account for the OSU.
- Develop and maintain the payment schedule to ensure as even a distribution as possible of payments throughout the month.
- Receive money vendor invoices, follow up directly with concern staff members on all outstanding of more than 30 days and arrange the salary recovery after 90 days.
- Operate GRMS (Global Resource Management System) financial transactions on the Oracle Based Enterprise Resource planning system for FAO.
- Manage payroll deductions for UNSACCO and medical insurance premiums.
- Manage the UNHAS account and corresponding cash book.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable
- Manage payment and Recovery of salary and operational advances
- Act as a focal point between the bank and the office
- Perform Bank reconciliations and prepare cheques and Bank transfers
- Maintain the filling system of technical and administrative documents and correspondence.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce will be an advantage.
- Two years of clerical, administrative or accounting experience.
- Strong skills in basic computer packages-Knowledge in Word, Excel, Access, and Oracle .
- Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language (Kiswahili) is required.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Willingness to learn and apply new analytical approaches.
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No.FAO/03/2014 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) availablehttp://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.