FAO Somalia ICT Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/05/2014
Position Title: ICT Assistant
Contract Type: National Personnel Project
Duration: 3 Months, with possible extension
As part of the FAO Somalia Help Desk Team:
- Ensure day-to-day functionality of all computing resources are in working order and liaise with administration to ensure accessories and consumables are available for timely replacement
- Upgrade application software to ensure highest productivity and troubleshoot and resolve software problems and assist FAO staff to customize and automate routine tasks.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve internet/e-mail connection connectivity problems and upgrade network hardware and software to ensure utmost productivity.
- Carry out regular data backup on client and server machines.
- Support development, testing, error checking and deployment of in-house software.
- Support development, testing, error checking and deployment of the FAO intranet.
- Maintain a wireless network for internet connectivity for visitors in selected common and meeting areas ensuring proper usage at all times.
- Ensure that the software for all security systems and call logging are functioning properly at all times.
- Ensure that all shared network resources such as printers, plotters, scanners, CD writers, etc are in working order and liaise with administration to ensure all the appropriate back up stock of accessories and consumables are available for timely replacement.
- Assist staff with software problems and queries, including customizing and automating routine tasks using macros and other built-in features, and upgrade application software as necessary to ensure highest productivity.
- Change daily data backup tape and escalate failure incidents to the ICT Officer for remedial action.
- Collect and process antivirus status and logs from clients and servers for the monthly security status report.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or any ICT related Degree
- Two (2) years of IT support experience
- Ability to develop and implement work plans.
- Good judgment and ability to organize office work and prepare correspondence on own initiative;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments with good judgment and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- Extreme attention to details;
- Demonstrated skills in IT Support;
- Extent of computer Skills;
- Extent of both English oral and written communication skills, including ability to write reports;
- Availability for assignment and ability to travel to assigned locations
- Good knowledge of the UN working system or equivalent complex organization;
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No.FAO/05/2014 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) availablehttp://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.