FAO Somalia Human Resources Officer (3 Months Maternity Cover) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/128/2013
Position Title: Human Resources Officer - Three (3) Months Maternity Cover
Contract Type: PSA Service Contract
Duration: 3 Months
HR Policy/ Strategy
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on full compliance of HR activities with FAO policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control;
- Ensure compliance to corporate policies and guidelines and provide day-to-day advice to the management and teams, on HR policies and procedures in order to ensure consistency and understanding
- Coordinate the entire recruitment and induction processes for all organizational sectors.
- Provide oversight of recruitment under FAO Somalia projects Manage the recruitment processes including supporting the development of job descriptions and classification, vacancy announcement, initial screening of candidates, establishing interview panels, reviewing recommendations on recruitment.;
- Manage contracts in COIN (County Office Information Network) and HRMS (Human resources Management System). Monitor and track all recruitment and extension transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations
- Maintain Personnel files and HR documentation ensuring that all personnel information is on file (signed contracts, staff and dependent(s) data, PHF (Personal History Form) and copy of diplomas, UN security-related training requirements are met, medical clearance, etc.);
- Maintain HR database, and prepare regular staffing reports or ad hoc HR reports on request from the Head of Unit, Project Managers or Officer-in-Charge;
- Organize to obtain work permits, visas, VAT exemptions, PRO-1B, UNLPs, IDs, security cards, business cards, and other pertinent documentation;
- Maintain accurate headcounts across the organizational Sectors.
- Develop and manage NPP (National Project Personnel)/Consultants rosters
- Act as Secretary to the Staff Selection Committee Panel, draft, review and certification of submissions to the O.I.C.
- Ensure compliance to FAO performance management principles and performance review cycle, monitor and report the performance appraisal process, facilitation of the process, assistance of the elaboration of performance evaluation indicators in consultation with the Senior Management and staff’s supervisor
- Coach and support managers to performance manage their staff, ensuring that assessment of performance is objective and that poor performance is addressed appropriately and timely and provide support and advice on performance development/ improvement plans.
- Ensure adequate feedback and communication on work issues and manage poor performance
- Support to effective learning management including establishment of the Yearly Learning Plan/ Calnder and individual learning plans based on the PEMS (Performance Evaluation and Management System) in collaboration with the Senior Management and Supervisor(s)
- Facilitate/ conduct various trainings including PEMs, Ethics Code of Conduct, Fraud Awareness, Career Management
- Ensure that the induction plan/process is maintained, reviewed for improvements and impressed on new staff joining the organization.
- Consolidation of monthly reporting (trainings done, exit interview)and ensuring this information is sent to the hospital Leadership Team.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of the filing systems for staff by ensuring that staff files are up to date, that proper documentation procedures were followed and to ensure HR team conducts regular audit of the same.
- Ensure pro-active, regular and relevant communication flow within the HR department and other departments/ units.
- Administer FAO Somalia payroll, and initiate payroll related transactions.
- Compile, manage and maintain an annual leave planner and quarterly update as well as manage and update leave records
- Develop and maintain a monthly communication HR newsletter for monthly achievements for circulation to all Staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Work Experience: At least three years of professional experience in providing HR advisory services and/or managing, administering staff and operational systems.
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English), knowledge of Somali is desirable.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- Relevance and level of academic qualifications;.
- Extent of experience in HR management and services, and/or Business, or Public Administration;
- Ability to lead recruitment, contracts management, performance appraisal, career development management, build teams, maintain high staff morale and performance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems expeditiously and pragmatically with Tact, initiative and sound judgement;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the UN system;
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/128/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.