FAO Somalia Human Resource Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/06/2014
Position Title: Human Resource Assistant
Contract Type: National Personnel Project
Duration: 3 Months, with possible extension
- Work closely with the HR Team to support recruitment/resourcing queries and preparation of internal or external vacancy announcements and advertising of vacancies.
- Assemble applications for screening and short-listing by recruitment panels; arrange to conduct testing and interviews of short-listed candidates.
- Prepare offers of appointment for selected candidates and draw up contracts and contract amendments on request and in line with FAO regulations.
- Carrying out research tasks using the internet and liaison with other divisional HR teams, e.g. changes to employee benefits, HR policy reviews, writing guidelines for managers, bench marking, recruitment advertising research.
- Carrying out research tasks using the intranet e.g. changes to employee benefits, HR policy reviews, writing guidelines for managers, bench marking, recruitment advertising research. Draft routine correspondence related to HR matters, internally and to HR.
- Assemble all required documentation for submission to HQ for contract extensions.
- Maintain up-to-date records of personnel, including checklists of all required supporting documentation. Ensure that all pertinent documentation is up to date in the Staff files.
- Maintain and update staff files for staff members containing (Attendance and leave records, Contract dates, Travel records, Training records
- Host country relations documentation)
- Obtain work permits, visas, VAT exemptions, PRO-1B, UNLPs, IDs, security cards, business cards, and other pertinent documentation.
- Ensure that all UN security-related training requirements are met and documentation is on file.
- Maintain attendance and leave records for all FAO-Somalia staff; receive monthly attendance reports and leave application copies from FSNAU and SWALIM.
- Check leave applications against the annual leave planner for FAO-Somalia.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team.
- Perform any other related duties as required
Education: Secondary school education. Bachelor’s degree will be an advantage.
Work Experience: Four years of Administration and Human Resources Management experience.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Willingness to learn and apply new analytical approaches.