FAO Somalia Driver Job in Nairobi Kenya
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/04/2014
Position Title: Driver
Contract Type: National Personnel Project
- Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the O.I.C. FAO Somalia and his/ her visitors on occasions as necessary.
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Primary / secondary education. Possession of valid driver’s license.
Work Experience: Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
Languages: Good knowledge (level B) of English and working knowledge of the local language (Kiswahili) is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No.FAO/04/2014 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) availablehttp://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.