Family Health International: Senior Internal Auditor
FHI is a global health and development organization whose rigorous, science-based approach builds programs that create lasting change.
Founded in 1971, FHI maintains offices and staff worldwide, helping to forge strong local relationships that enable us to make measurable progress against disease, poverty, and inequity, improving lives for millions
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Senior Internal Auditor, AFRO to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The post holder will work with Internal Audit Management to plan and perform high-quality internal audits performed in Africa Region (AFRO) countries. Proactively assists Fl-Il and third parties in improving internal controls, compliance with A-133 requirements, enhanced standardization and personnel capacity building within AFRO.
* The incumbent will provide input for ongoing risk assessment of Country Offices (COs) and sub-recipient operations in Africa
* Recommend the cost-benefit of utilizing employees from the US, AFRO or external auditors to conduct CO internal audits in Africa.
* Review audit programs for COs and sub-recipients and develop additional tests (as necessary) designed to minimize specific risks.
* Assist in coordinating and) or conducting proposed audits, whether comprised of FHI staff or external auditors.
* Develop metrics to determine the selection of implementing agencies (e.g. sub-recipients) to be audited each year.
* Evaluate the adequacy of the internal audit program covering the implementing agencies to be audited and suggest improvements as necessary.
* Monitor the Implementation of audit findings and recommendations at COs and sub-recipients in Africa. Prepare periodic reports (e.g. at least quarterly) for the internal audit function in NC to incorporate into Senior Management and the Audit Committee highlighting the status of audits, key metrics, and other critical information,
* BSIBA in accounting or related business field with 10-15 years of relevant experience in NGO grant contract management and) or conducting and supervising internal audits, cost reduction efforts, special projects and other related work.
* Post-graduate education strongly encouraged.
* A fully registered Certified Public Accountant CPA (K).
* Good interpersonal skills with sensitivity in culturally diverse environments and strong team-building skills.
* Demonstrated expertise in the use of audit software.
FHI has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHIs Career Center at www.fhi.org/careercenter or via email to:
[email protected] and quote the Ref No. provided on the subject line while sending your CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements to be received not later than September 13, 2010.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted. No phone calls please
For more Information, please visit our website
as Indicated above