Family Bank Property Administration Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 30, 2014
Manager – Property Administration
Reporting to: Head of Procurement & Logistics
Job Purpose: The manager will be responsible for the management / supervision of premises leased and owned by the Bank, space allocation and rationalization in the bank and for all the service contracts for all assets / services rendered in the Bank:
- Identify required premises and negotiate leases for the bank properties both leased & owned which includes carrying out rental assessments when required.
- Lease administration; ensure all leases are renewed/negotiated in time as required.
- Oversee management of Bank owned premises, monitor rent payments and ensure tenants have leases.
- Tender, negotiate for service contracts on behalf of the bank, including contract administration & management.
- Make budgetary recommendations for service contracts and rentals for leased and owned premises.
- Site acquisition for new branches and ATM outlets in line with the Bank’s expansion strategy.
- Rationalise space requirements in respect of the Head Office & Branches.
- Enforce occupancy policies & procedures.
- Champion the highest ethical, professional and moral standards in all dealings with tenants, suppliers & service providers.
- Carry out due diligence on service providers for prequalification of tenders.
- Carry out rationalization of idle & underutilised assets. Identify idle assets, prepare & implement a disposal cycle secretariat for assets disposal process.
Planning & Control
- Assist in developing annual capital and recurrent budgets in respect to service contracts.
- Develop the sections annual and half year work plans.
- Ensure rent increases in respect to the leased premises are within set budgets when rent reviews arise.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Degree in Building Economics/Land Economics/Quantity Survey.
- Knowledge of health & safety rules as stipulated by the law a must.
- Good understanding of the contract law, land law and arbitration related to contracts management.
- At least 4 years experience in similar position.
- Working in real estate projects, valuers firms or in a similar role in large Corporates will be an added advantage.
- Job skills: high levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal, organizing and people management skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills, with outstanding reporting & Customer Service skills.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email.
- Good knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work without supervision.
- Honest, reliable, outgoing and hardworking.
- High integrity.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email [email protected] closing date is 5th February 2014.
Kindly apply indicating the Job reference number.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”