Fafi Integrated Development Association (FaIDA) Kenya
Fafi Integrated Development Association (FaIDA) Project Coordinator Job in Alinjugur Kenya
- Provide programmatic guidance and operational support for field activities and coordinate FaIDA environmental restoration and livelihood recovery projects in both the host community and Refugee interventions
- Provide programmatic guidance and operational support for field activities and coordinate FaIDA WASH intervention in Kambioos Refugee camp in collaboration with Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Develop and nurture a clear understanding of the programme of work throughout FaIDA Dadaab Programme and device projects that promote drought coping and adaptation among local communities as well as peace building among communities
- Proposal writing and fundraising and donor reporting
- Ensure that project interventions are in line with humanitarian principles and code of conduct for Humanitarian agencies.
- Project management: Ensuring achievement of objectives in time and within agreed budget, following donor requirements and ensuring effective teamwork as well as coordination of all field activities and ensuring security and employee performance and supervision.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation and project reporting to ensure the projects meets quality standards and donor criteria.
- Advice on decision making regarding project implementation and budget management.
- Safeguarding program quality; maintaining an overview of the programme and evaluating the quality of work and results; Handling and monitoring the project process for the design through contracts and final reports.
- Promoting counterpart’s quality of work; Monitoring and administering counterpart’s quality of work; accompanying and giving direction to counterparts so that they improve on their quality.
- Networking with other agencies/government involved in similar programs and attend relevant network/coordination meeting both at national and local levels.
- Act as the agency focal point in the inter-agency meetings and coordination in the Environment and WASH clusters and other inter-agency meetings in Dadaab.
- Develop, nurture and sustain relationships with relevant stakeholders including the local Government departments, donors, NGOs and other agencies working in Kambi oos;
- Represent FaIDA in relevant sector clusters or other coordination mechanisms;
- Promote learning based on projects objectives and activities and ensure documentation and sharing of learning with all stakeholders;
- Comply with FaIDA policies and practices with respect to environment, child protection and security procedures and behave at all times in a manner which positively promotes FaIDA and its work, and actively maintain FaIDA acceptance within the camp.
- Maintain good inter-team communications and initiate good team dynamics.
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed.
- Ensure the development of individual work plan and implement the FaIDA individual performance evaluation system.
- As a budget holder, ensure that all the financial and logistical procedures are followed
- Produce regular budget forecast.
- Ensure regular tracking of projects expenditure and budget review
- Produce quality weekly and monthly narrative reports that comply with the donor requirements and ensure reports and submitted in a timely manner
- Keep the Head of Programs & Operation informed on progress of planned activities and any challenges or interruption to implementation that may arise
- Ensure the compliance to security procedures.
- Produce regular weekly security sitrep
- Proactively monitor the political and security situation in the project areas and respond accordingly
- Minimum 6 years experience in project management
- Minimum of four years responsibility for project management including budget follow up and control
- Experience of working within the context of emergency relief and in hardship areas
- Past experience working with a humanitarian organization (UN or INGO), working in diverse cultural backgrounds
- Computer literacy in MS office and Internet packages
- Dynamism, high level of motivation Capacity to work under pressure and in humanitarian crisis situations
- Good capacity to interact with variety of local stakeholders (teams members, host communities, refugees, etc…)
- Ability to live in difficult conditions (major security constraints, common compound with all staff, restricted movements and limited access to medical facilities).
- Degree in developmental studies, social Community Development, Project Management or equivalent
- Good organizational skills / capacity to prioritize
- Masters Degree in any of the above stated will be of advantage
- Experience in developing and implementing trainings
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Project coordinator position”
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Note: If you have already applied don’t apply again