Factory / Plant Head Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 10, 2014
A Manufacturing Plant and its sister subsidiaries is looking for a high caliber and motivated person to fill the post of Plant Manager.
The following are the requirements for the position;
Job Purpose: The Factory/Plant Head is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping.
In addition the Factory / Plant Head will be responsible for annual budget planning and execution.
They will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operation of the Factory.
Plant Head / Factory Head Job Duties:
- Planning production meetings, worker schedules, production activities, machine maintenance plans and maintaining product quality and budgets.
- Planning, formulating, organizing, controlling, and directing production activities.
- Observing the effective maintenance of safety rules and standards in the department by the workers.
- Managing time-lines and work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned factory time-lines and goals.
- Ensuring that the product effectively satisfies the quality level ordered by the customer.
- Ensuring the effectual adopting of new programs and policies and providing training in order to meet improved requirements ordered by customers.
- Executing factory manufacturing strategic plan and aligning it with general plant strategy.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Manager to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules in liaison with the Production Manager for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel in liaison with the Human Capital Manager.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Analyze workforce requirements in liaison with the Human Capital Manager.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees in liaison with the Human Capital Manager.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Working loosely with the Production Manager to ensure the removal of waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Communicate with research and development as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Work with purchasing manager to develop and improve supplier relationships.
- Co-ordinate the set up and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Monitor production output costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimize costs in liaison with the Cost accountant.
- Manage expenditures for equipment, materials, and human resources, ensuring they are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Knowledge and exposure: Financial Planning and Strategic planning and People Management.
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
Requirements of the role
- Degree in Technology / Engineering field preferably Plant / Mechanical from an accredited institution.
- MBA will be an added advantage
- 5+ years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Company, please send your covering letter and must indicate current and expected salary, availability, attach CV, scanned copies of your certificates and testimonials to the following address specifying the post applied for not later than 21st February 2014 ;
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
Email address: [email protected]