Factory Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 3, 2013
Summary: Our client, one of the largest manufacturers in cooking oil amongst other consumer products, is looking to fill the position of a Factory Manager.
The position holder will be responsible for the entire production function with the key deliverable being production optimization through capacity maximization, automation and efficient utilization of resources – both financial and human.
- Executing factory manufacturing strategic plan and aligning it with general plant strategy
- Planning production meetings, worker schedules, production activities, machine maintenance plans and maintaining product quality and budgets
- Planning, formulating, organizing, controlling, and directing production activities.
- Ensuring that all safety regulations are put in place and followed, and that environmental control is effected and observed
- Supervising quality standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Managing time-lines and work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned factory time-lines and goals
- Ensuring that the product effectively satisfies the quality level ordered by the client.
- Ensuring the effectual adopting of new programs and policies and providing training in order to meet improved requirements ordered by clients.
- Collaborating with sales agents, vendors and financial division to ensure the successful run of receiving and shipping schedule
- Collaborating with other factory managers to find best practices and the best solution
- Working with contract clients on matters concerning their product starting from release to final shipment
- Reviewing the overall performance and identifying training necessities of production personnel
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- At least 5 years experience gained in Engineering and or Production Management in the FMCG industry
- Able to work on your own and as part of a team
- Good administration and demonstrated people management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of production machinery and techniques
- Knowledge of engineering drawings
- Ability to solve complex manufacturing problems
- Ability to influence and strong accountability
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 6th December 2013.
P O Box 6416,
P O Box 6416,
Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.