Republic of Kenya
County Government of Kakamega
Expression of Interest for the Preparation of Kakamega County Water Master Plan (2014 – 2030)
The County Government of Kakamega intends to scale up the ongoing provision of safe, reliable and affordable water supply to the residents of the County in line with Vision 2030 and the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Eligible Consultants are invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) for the preparation of Kakamega County Water Master Plan: 2014-2030.
The key output of this technical assignment will be a water master plan that will inform future water development, management, protection and monitoring in Kakamega County taking account of all available water resources.
The Terms of Reference (TOR) for this assignment shall include but not be limited to;
1. Review of relevant parts of existing documents related to water master planning including : the Constitution of Kenya 2010, National Water Policy 2013, Water Bill 2013, National Water Services Strategy 2007-2015, National Water Master Plan 1992, etc.
2. Consulting with relevant Government of Kenya agencies/ institutions and individuals on water planning and management issues in relation to the county water resources.
3. Consulting with other organisations including local NGOs and private companies, as appropriate.
4. Estimating future demands for water based on most current population data, growth trends, per capita consumption and estimating water use for commercial, community and industrial activities ( use planning horizons of 10 and 20 years ).
5. Developing a logical sequence of water resources development based on technical assessments, cost estimates, and land management issues and environmental factors.
6. Reviewing current water management, protection and monitoring procedures to recommend, as appropriate, additional mechanisms to ensure that the groundwater resources are usable by present and future generations.
7. Preparing a Draft Water Master Plan for Kakamega County, ensuring that it is consistent with the Draft National Water Policy and presenting the same to the County Technical Committee on Water Master Planning for views./discussion.
8. After receiving feedback from the County Technical Committee on Water Master Planning, assess the comments received, undertake additional analysis as required and prepare a Final Draft Water Master Plan for Kakamega County.
9. The Consultant will compile a brief Final report which records activities undertaken and documents produced in fulfilment of both Nos. 1 and 2 of the consultancy. The purpose of the report is to demonstrate fulfilment of TOR, provide a list of final draft documents submitted clearly indicating versions and dates, and electronic file names of documents submitted.
The Mandatory Requirement
- Clear understanding of the Kenyan Water Sector
- Experience of similar undertakings
- Competency of the Firm’s human resource base and specialization to undertake the assignment.
- Strong Financial base.
- Knowledge of the county’s geographical location and its drainage basin systems.
The EOI Documents must be accompanied by copies of the following:
- Company profile
- Certificate of Business Incorporation
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate
- List of at least three similar projects undertaken
- List of at least three (3) references from organizations the firm has offered similar services to.
Interested Consultants shall submit an original and two copies of the EOI with all necessary documentation in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked ‘’ EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PREPARATION OF KAKAMEGA COUNTY WATER MASTER PLAN (2014-2030)’’ along with the covering letter duly signed by an authorized signatory on or before 2nd April, 2014 at 11.30am.
The Documents should be deposited in the Tender box situated on the ground floor of the headquarters of the County Government of Kakamega and addressed as shown below.
Interim County Secretary
County Government of Kakamega
P.O. Box 36-50100
The EOI shall be opened soon thereafter at the County chambers located on 1st floor at the Headquarters in the presence of bidders or representatives who chose to attend.