Exhibitions, Conferences and Events Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 20, 2014
Exhibitions, Conferences and Events Manager shall be responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion.
We are looking for you if you are highly skilled and knowledgeable on exhibitions, conferences planning & organization.
You must be a good public speaker, calm under pressure, flexible, resilient, charming, great with presentations, possess a creative flair and good with budgets.
- Profiles exhibitions, fairs, conferences and festivals and establishes distinctively unique own-brands.
- Liaises with clients and designers to create a distinct brands for events.
- Produces detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- Leads pitching presentations and prepares presentations as appropriate.
- Identifies and secures speakers or special guests for conferences and events.
- Oversees booking of venues, registration of exhibitors and trade visitors.
- Determines pre-qualification criterion for both exhibitors and trade visitors.
- Ensures legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Manages sponsorship sales for events for purposes of raising revenue.
- Researches markets to identify opportunities for events.
- Post-event evaluation including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders.
This position reports to the CEO.
The role of Exhibitions, Conferences and Events Manager is hands-on and may involve considerable travel and often involves working as part of a team.
The successful candidate must be a leader and able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication
He/she must possess strong project management, marketing and negotiation skills, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail to deliver highly productive world-class events.
Education and Experience:
He/she must possess a minimum of a social degree from a recognized University and a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a busy environment.
An MBA is an added advantage,
Application Deadline: 26th March 2014
Human Resources Manager,
P. O. Box 66969-00200
Only successful candidates will receive a response