Executive Chef Job in Entebbe Uganda (USD 1K)
Executive Chef Job in Entebbe Uganda (USD 1K)
Place of Work: Hotel – As specified where needed
- Ability to understand guests’ service needs.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to prioritize organizes and follow through.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to give direction
- Ability to adapt to priority changes of workflow or requirements.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to exert physical effort in the job functions
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting/handling equipment and supplies.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Ability to remain at assigned post when specified.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to lead and direct a team.
- Ability to create and maintain a relationship with guests.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Plans menus for all food outlets overseen by the Hotel.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the General Manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls, food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
- or four years related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have working knowledge of local labor laws.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Certificate of completion from trade school.
- Driver’s License.
30% will be paid in Uganda Shillings at the ruling monthly exchange rate and will be subject to PAYE.
How to Apply
If you meet the above, kindly send or resend your application along with an up-to-date CV with telephone contacts for three professional referees to [email protected] including your daily telephone contact, current net salary and your expectation.