Everest Enterprises Farm Manager Job at Chulu Farm near Nanyuki, Kenya
The Job: The Farm Manager is responsible for managing general operations of the farm ensuring that an effective growing program in the farm is developed and implemented to ensure continuity in availability of safe, good quality produce at a minimum cost possible.
- Responsible for implementation and monitoring of all agronomic decisions for crops in the farm
- Ensuring crops in your section are scouted for pests and diseases and preparing pests and diseases summary in time for the crop walk.
- Monitoring adequacy of irrigation and adjusting of irrigation is needed.
- Make sure crops are well managed to ensure maximum establishment and production to meet budgeted yields.
- Ensuring that all cultural practices on crops in the farm are carried out timely and to high standards.
- Facilitate land preparation in readiness for planting.
- Ensure timely planting schedule is observed
- Compliance with various standards – Global GAP, ETI, FFL etc
- Ensure that all tasks in your farm are performed to the required standards.
- To oversee labour planning and allocation ensuring efficient and effective utilization of manpower.
- Ensure that all the employees in your farm receive the relevant trainings.
- Ensure that all the resources in the farm are effectively utilized.
- Diploma/Degree in Horticulture/Agriculture
- Minimum 3 years experience in vegetable growing.
- Experience in herbs growing is an added advantage
- Pest & Diseases identification skills
- Good team player
- Good reporting skills.
- Good organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Good record keeping/ Analytical skills
Human Resources & Admin Manager
Everest Enterprises Ltd
Applications can also be emailed to [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.