Engineering Manager Job in Kenya (KShs 70K – 100K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 15, 2013
Our client is a milk processing company dealing in production of fresh milk, yoghurt and curd milk and is seeking to recruit pro-active and self-driven individual to fill the position of Engineering Manager reporting to Managing Director
Job Purpose: To lead the Engineering and Maintenance team and ensure consistent serviceability and availability of factory facilities, plant and machinery so as to safely and cost-effectively meet production and packaging demands, and other business goals set out jointly with management.
- Implement preventative maintenance for all equipment and facilities
- Ensure factory facilities, grounds, loans and fences are well maintained.
- Prepare and control maintenance budget
- Ensure utilities are available at all times and in the case of power outage, follow up to minimize downtime.
- Supervise, train and develop an effective and efficient engineering team.
- Develop processes and procedures for engineering operations and ensure safety principles and guidelines are applied at all times before, during and after maintenance shutdowns.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- A holder of B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 3 Years work experience in a busy food / beverage FMCG manufacturing firm
- A holder of a Diploma / Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with over 5 years work experience in a busy food / beverage FMCG manufacturing firm
- Experienced in maintenance of boilers, milk processing and packing machines, compressors
N/B: Candidates with prior work experience in a milk processing and packing company will be preferred.
- Proficiency with office computer applications
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good negotiator
- Time management skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Team player
- Goal focused
Salary: KShs. 70,000 – 100,000 gross
How to Apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please upload a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package at [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted