Elizabeth Glaser Foundation Kenya – Jobs Project Director Nyanza
Elizabeth Glaser Foundation Project Director Job in Nyanza, Kenya
The Project director is responsible for overall leadership and management in project implementation and quality assurance for process and projected outcomes based on international standards and best practices.
Skills and Competence: Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor with at least 10 years of continuous program implementation experience, 4 of which must be at senior level managing HIV/AIDS programs.
- MPH or a Masters Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Experience leading and managing a complex and integrated HIV project will be a distinct advantage. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Government of Kenya Ministries of Health, other implementing partners and donor agencies at senior level.
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTC guidelines, standards, tools and best practices.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program implementation with demonstrated expertise in initiating care and treatment services in a public, faith based or private health facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating HIV /AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP.
- Experience in carrying out Operations Research and developing research protocols.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills.
- Dedicated visionary and strategic leader with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural team
- Provide overall management and strategic vision for the project, developing and updating annual work-plans, promoting synergies where possible, and ensuring that project-specific deliverables and sub-contract specific terms are met.
- Update strategies, work-plans and budgets as requested by CDC and EGPAF Headquarters.
- Ensure efficient and effective utilization of available resources for maximum impact
- Lead in tracking the budget against planned activities to ensure that the work-plan is implemented without shortfalls.
- Lead in the design, development and implementation of integrated HIV project interventions and work plans and oversee the implementation.
- Supervise all field project staff in Kisumu, Homabay and other field offices as may be determined by the needs of the project.
- Be the Point person with CDC/Kenya in identifying priorities for the province and ensuring that these are reflected in the Pamoja Project work-plan and strategies.
- Represents the Foundation and the Project in stakeholder forums as appropriate Technical Support, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting: 30%
- Provide direct technical support to improve the various health systems within which the Pamoja Project will be implemented.
- Identify capacity gaps in collaboration with the technical teams and arrange for appropriate training to fill these gaps at project level.
- Oversee the implementation of indicator based performance monitoring plan that covers project and patient clinical outcomes.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and motivation of the Pamoja Project field team by identifying opportunities and supporting continuous technical development.
- Serve as a member of the senior project management team.
- Stay current with global trends in HIV management and translate these into activities to improve project implementation.
- Take lead in the preparation of the quarterly, annual and other periodic reports as required by the CDC.
- Work with the Deputy Project Director to develop the scopes of work of sub-grantees
- Working closely with the Deputy Project Director, be responsible for tracking and reporting on all project input, processes, outputs, outcomes and impact at supported sites to ensure that adequate progress is made towards set targets.
- Identify obstacles to achievement of desired results early enough, identifies remedial actions and seeks support to overcome these obstacles
- Identify areas and topics for operations research and take lead in documenting and sharing of best and promising practices both locally and internationally
- Work closely with the other EGPAF Project Team leaders towards a unified Kenya Foundation Program identifying opportunities for close collaboration and technical exchange
- Work closely with the Operations Team to develop and monitor appropriate budgets to support technical activities
- Liaise with the donor and EGPAF HQ on all related Pamoja Project activities
- Liaise with NASCOP, other MOH offices and any other technical counterparts among other partners on HIV prevention, care and treatment issues, participating in forums where such issues are being discussed, and in planning and identifying opportunities for collaboration.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DTS/CD
- Line management of the Deputy Project Director.
- Any other duties assigned