County Government of Elgeyo Marakwet
Office of the County Public Service Board
Advertisement for the Positions of Member of the County Policing Authority
Elgeyo/Marakwet County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to serve as members in the County Policing Authority as per the provisions of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under article 41(1) and (2) of the National Police Service Act 2011.
The Board therefore invites applications from the categories listed below who shall be persons ordinarily residents in the County and who shall serve for a term of two years and be eligible for a further one term.
- Business Community
- Community Based Organizations
- Persons with special needs
- Religious Organizations
The functions of the Authority shall be:
- To develop proposals on priorities, objectives and targets for police performance in the County
- Monitor trends and patterns of crime in the County including those with special impact on women and children
- Promote community policing initiatives in the County
- Monitor progress and achievement of set targets
- Provide financial oversight of the Budget of the County police
- Provide feedback on performance of the police service at the County
- Provide a platform through which the public participate on all aspects to do with county policy and National Police Service at the County level
- Facilitate public participation on County policing policy
- Ensure policing accountability to the public
- Receive reports from Community Policing Forums and Committees
- Ensure compliance with the national policing standards.
Requirements for Appointment
1) Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
i) Should have at least a Form Four level of Education with a minimum grade of C or its equivalent.
ii) Should not be a state or public officer
iii) Should meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
(iv) Should attach a recommendation letter from the nominating bodies
2) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as member if that person:
i) Has violated the Constitution
ii) Has been judged bankrupt
iii) Is not of good character or moral standing
iv Has been convicted of a felony
v) Has not been a resident or employed in the County for a continuous period of not less than three years.
How to Apply
All applicants are expected to attach copies of Identification Card, Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates and copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies: CID (certificate of good conduct), Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission and Kenya Revenue Authority.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the category in which they fall (e.g. women, youth, CBO, business sector etc.) and addressed to:
The Secretary County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 665-30700
Or hand delivered at the County Public Service Board offices at Sardep Building Iten.
Important information to all applicants:
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Friday 25th October, 2013 at 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted