Elgeyo Marakwet County Assembly Job – Service Board Member
Posted: Aug 29, 2013
Elgeyo Marakwet County Assembly Service Board Member Job Re – Advertisement
Elgeyo Marakwet County
Re – Advertisement
Member of the County Assembly Service Board
Article 176(1) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 establishes a County Assembly for each County government also further Section 12 (3d) of the County Act, 2012 the County Assembly of Elgeyo Marakwet is seeking to appoint one member of the Public to join the Elgeyo Marakwet County Assembly Service Board.
The Board is responsible for:
a) Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly.
b) Constituting offices in the County Assembly Service and Appointing and Supervising office holders.
c) Preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly Service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval and exercising Budgetary Control over the Service.
d) Undertaking singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programmes to promote the ideals of Assembly democracy and,
e) Performing other functions necessary for the well being of the members and staff of the County Assembly as prescribed by Legislation.
- Must be Kenyan Citizen
- Must be resident of Elgeyo Marakwet County
- Should have served in Public or Private Sector for at least 5 years
- Have knowledge in public affairs and relevant laws.
- Must have a degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university (those with CPS (K) will have added advantage).
- Women are especially encouraged to apply
- Must not be a member of the County Assembly
- Meets the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter 6 of the Constitution which include clearance from:
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority
Applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates and testimonials, National Identity Card and other relevant supporting documents should be sent to:
County Assembly Service Board,
County Assembly of Elgeyo Marakwet,
P.O Box 53-30700,
So as to reach her not later than 6th September, 2013 before 1700hrs
Applicants are informed that this is a part time job and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
County Assembly Service Board