Electrical Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 13, 2013
Our client a large company with heavy investments in tea production is looking for suitable candidates to fill the above position.
1. Power Generation and Distribution
- Manage all Power generation and distribution facilities facilities
- Maintain a library of wiring diagrams for all power stations and distribution lines
- Implement safety inspection procedures and standards
- Carry out regular audits as laid down in defined standards
- Ensure PTW system is followed for high risk tasks
- Monitor energy usage efficiency and keep upto date records
- Manage all stock records & produce monthly reports.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of stock records
- Advise immediate superior regularly on power generation and distribution status and performance
- Implement all preventive maintenance programmes for Electrical installations, machinery and equipment.
- Come up with improvements, technology changes and electrical standards to units
- Carry out audits for the business compliance with all legislation on electrical standards
- Advice on installation of new processes & machinery within the business.
- Implementation of calibration/testing protocols.
- Make preventive maintenance schedule for all electrical equipment.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of all equipment as per schedule.
- Carry out repairs of electrical equipment on breakdown to minimize downtime.
- To be familiar with all assets in the register under his/her charge
- Flag up idle assets for disposal
Manage day to day matters of the Electrical section:
- Train and develop staff
- Advise CCE monthly on the status of the electrical revenue budget.
- Monitor and oversee subordinates in achieving departmental tasks and ensuring objectives are fully achieved within time, cost, quality SHE parameters.
- Liaise with Company Chief Engineer on Industrial Relations matters.
6. Project Management
- Come up with electrical designs for projects as necessary.
- Manage delegated projects within specifications, time, cost, SHE and quality parameters.
- Liaise effectively with contractors/consultants
- Issue progress & cost reports on delegated projects
- Accurately maintain all drawings and specifications.
7. Contractor Management
- Preparation of tender documents for electrical engineering Contractors.
- Maintaining a list of approved electrical Engineering contractors.
- Manage work progress
- Ensure all Safety standards and procedures are complied with
9. Technical Training and Development
- Take lead in self professional development
- Plan and execute regular electrical engineering skills
- Training for artisans under his/her charge
- Be aware of new technologies and systems.
- Identify staff training needs and develop staff under him/her.
10. Support for Units
- Lead the development of process controls in factories
- Identify Process control critical spares and materials supply chain:
- provision of materials specifications,
- determination of stocking policies
- preferred suppliers for process control materials and services.
- Be the contact point for process control best practice and standards
- Establish all process control instrumentation specifications.
Skills & competencies
- Minimum Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Registration with Engineers Board of Kenya(EBK)/Institution of Engineers of Kenya(IEK)
- At least three years relevant experience
If you meet the above desired qualifications please send your cv in word format clearly indicating the position applied as the subject of your email.
Email: [email protected]