EK Centre Executive Director Job in Kenya
The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall effective management of the programs and the team at the Centre to ensure strengthened provision of Governor’s Manifesto for the benefit of Nairobians in terms of realisation of service delivery objectives.
- Develop and execute strategy and deliver on annual plans and goals.
- Manage, supervise and promote all the activities of the Centre for the benefit of the members, all stakeholders and the investing public and to ensure that strategic objectives are achieved.
- Effectively, efficiently manage the Centre’s resources
- Oversee the preparation of annual budget plans and obtain the Board approval.
- Conduct Executive Committee meetings to review performance and growth.
- Inspire and build a strong team capable of attaining the Centre’s vision and mission of and build a performance culture.
- Identify and exploit business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and public and continually negotiate with the principal strategic partners with regard to growing the Centre’s mandate.
- Liaise and network with all stakeholders in order to raise the profile of the Centre.
- Ensure compliance with legislations and regulatory bodies.
- Lead and manage change processes and Governor’s positioning initiatives.
- Periodically brief the Board on key issues affecting the Centre; coordinate and review board papers for submission.
- A Masters degree in Social/ Development studies.
- 5 years of related work experience at senior management level.
- Broad knowledge of economics, finance, corporate governance and political issues and trends at national, regional and international levels.
- Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance and momentum.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.