Education Service Commission Uganda: Stenographer Secretary (8 Job vacancies)
Education Service Commission Uganda has advertised for Jobs and career opportunities in Uganda as a Stenographer Secretary.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts existing in the Education Service. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission form No. 3 (1998), to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P.O.Box 7196, Kampala; to be received not later than 11th August 2010.
Vacant Job Position: Stenographer Secretary (8 vacancies)/Ref:HRM 70/185/29/2010
The incumbent will be responsible to the Personal Secretary for performing the following duties:-
1. Providing Secretarial Services which include:
- Drawing up and monitoring appointments
- Taking dictation, transcribing and presenting accurate and error free work
- Attending to callers, either in person or on telephone
- Ensuring timely responses to inquires and correspondences to and from the office.
- Receiving incoming mail and supervising the dispatch of outgoing mail
- Drafting letters (of routing nature).
2. Providing Office Managerial Services which include:
- Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office,
- Managing records in accordance with established security and records management procedure. Requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment.
- Any other duties as my be assigned from time to time
Experience: 1 (Years)
Job Type: Full Time
Industry Type: Government
Functional Area : FrontOffice/Secretarial
Location : Uganda Uganda
Applicants should be Ugandans holding:- EITHER;
(i) An ordinary level Certificate with at least two
(2) Credits Including English Language and 3 passes, plus a UNEB Certificate(s) with the following subjects: Business Communication Stage II Typewriting Stage II (40 wpm) Shorthand Stage II (80/90 wpm) Office Practice Stage II/Secretarial Duties II Computer skills using Word Processing Package The ‘O’Level requirement stated above, does not apply in the case(s) of serving officers without an ‘O’ level Certificate but in possession of a certificate of skills up-grading course for Copy typists which was organized by the Ministry of Public Service and conducted by Uganda Management Institute. OR (ii) A Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution. Possession of qualifications and skills in Customer Care, Principles of Accounts II, Economics II or Commerce II, Computer skills using several packages like Spread Sheets, data-base management and knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopiers and audio equipment will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
The application forms are obtainable from the Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers’ House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala; Ministry of Education and Sports, and District Service Commission offices. Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach all the necessary supporting documents and recent passport size photograph to each form. Qualifications from only recognized awarding institutions will be considered. In all cases, qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Before Date: 11 Aug 2010