Education Service Commission Uganda: Head Teacher “A” level Boarding
Education Service Commission Uganda has advertised for Jobs and career opportunities in Uganda.
Education is one of Government’s key sectors and has continued to receive priority in resource allocation. Today 8% of total government recurrent budget is allocated to the education sector, with primary education, including the primary teacher-training budget, receiving more than 62% of this allocation. Secondary education currently receives 15% of the sector recurrent budget allocation, (also including secondary teacher training).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts existing in the Education Civil Service. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission form No. 3 (1998), to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P.O.Box 7196, Kampala; to be received not later than 11th August 2010.
Job Description :
- Overall in charge of the administration management and day to day running of the institution.
- Collect and manage finances of the institution Admit students in conformity with existing policies. Administer the general discipline of students, their welfare and academic performance.
- Manage staff in the institution as well as enhancing the academic and professional performance of the institution.
- Regularly appraise staff in the institution, compile and submit Annual staff Appraisal Reports
- Plan for and develop the institution, including staff development Secretary to the Board of Governors.
Experience : 12 (Years)
Job Type : Full Time
Industry Type: Government
Functional Area : Education/Teaching
Location: Uganda Uganda
Skill Set :
A Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent qualification.
- A Masters Degree in Education, Management or related field will be an added advantage.
(i) A Minimum of 12 years teaching experience, 3 of which should have been in a Boarding School. (ii) EITHER; a) 3 years administrative experience as a substantive Deputy Head Teacher “A” Level Boarding or deputy head teacher ‘ O ‘ level Boarding. OR; b) Substantive Deputy Head teacher ‘A’ level Day or Head teacher ‘O’ level day for at least 3years, two of which should have been served in a boarding ‘ A’ level School.
How to Apply:
The application forms are obtainable from the Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers’ House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala; Ministry of Education and Sports, and District Service Commission offices. Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach all the necessary supporting documents and recent passport size photograph to each form. Qualifications from only recognized awarding institutions will be considered. In all cases, qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Before Date : 11 Aug 2010