ECLOF Kenya Jobs: Systems Administrator
ECLOF Kenya, a well established and fast growing Christian Microfinance company is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below:-
Vacancy: Systems Administrator
Purpose: Reporting to the IT Manager, the Systems Administrator is responsible for providing technical support to ECLOF Kenya systems and networks (LAN & WAN) including routine maintenance and upgrades. The individual provides ICT support and advice to Head Office and Business Units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the ECLOF Kenya LAN and WAN, Servers and Workstations
- Provide ICT support to the organization by assisting users in solving systems problems experienced in the course of day to day operations
- Perform on time daily and weekly backups for all ECLOF Kenya systems and ensure that they are promptly taken for offsite storage.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of all ECLOF Kenya hardware.
- Maintain the ECLOF Kenya ICT inventory.
- Support the IT manager in the implementation of ICT strategies.
- Generate standard and non standard reports from the system as may be required by the business. Knowledge of Crystal Reports and SQL necessary.
- Ensure the security of the hardware and software systems.
- Manage IT projects and ensure that they are completed in time and within budgets.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
For the position, we are looking for one with the following minimum qualification of BSc degree in Computer Science or any other related ICT field. Specialised be a qualified MSCE with mastery of databases especially SQL and be conversant with LAN and WAN technologies. CCNA training will be an added advantage.
At least two (2) years relevant working experience in a similar position in a busy ICT environment.
The jobholder may be required to work long and odd hours, sometimes working over the weekends and public holidays. At times may be called upon to address emergency situations. The individual may travel to the business units occasionally.
Qualified candidates should submit their application quoting the job applied for to The Human Resource and Administration Manager, ECLOF Kenya P. O. Box 34889-00100, Nairobi or by email to [email protected] or [email protected] by 24th November 2010.
Please include detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of the relevant certificates, testimonials, current pay and daytime telephone contact and email address.
Due to the volume of applications, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.