East African Growers ltd is a leading grower and exporter of Fresh Vegetables, Fruits and Cut flowers in Kenya
Through a partnership with USAID-KHCP, EAGA is working with small holder farmers on a project aimed at enhancing sustainable farming and marketing of fresh vegetables and fruits. Target areas are counties in Western and Rift Valley in Kenya
East African Growers is seeking the following qualified, dynamic, self-motivated individuals to work on the development and implementation of the project.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the successful candidates will be based in Uasin Gishu, Nandi, Trans Nzoia, Elgeyo Marakwet & Bungoma.
The Agronomists will be required to provide extension and training services to the small holder farmers, participate in the programs on crop productivity and production planning, safe use of pesticides, export quality specification, post-harvest handling and household nutrition.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture or related courses
- A minimum of three years hand on experience in managing out-grower schemes or a horticultural farm in a private sector setting is important.
- Must possess a valid motor cycle riding license with 2 years’ experience
- Possess general knowledgeable in Global GAP, FTF, TNC and other standards
- Extensive experience working in the Horticultural sector will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates to submit application, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, detailed and updated curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary and contacts of three professional referees to [email protected]
by latest 28th February, 2014.