East African Development Bank: Senior Internal Auditor Jobs in uganda
The East African Development Bank (EADB) was established in 1967 under the treaty of the then East African Cooperation. Following the breakup of the community in 1977, the Bank was re-established under its own charter in 1980. Under this charter, the Bank’s role and mandate were reviewed and its operational scope expanded.Under its expanded operational scope, the Bank offers a broad range of financial services in the Member States of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda with an overiding objective of strengthening socio-economic development and regional integration.
EADB is owned by the four member states of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. Other shareholders include the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO), German Investment and Development Company (DEG), SBIC-Africa Holdings, Commercial Bank of Africa, Nairobi, Nordea Bank of Sweden, Standard Chartered Bank, London and Barclays Bank Plc, London.
The revitalization of the regional cooperation among the Member States through the establishment of the new East African Community (EAC) has accorded the Bank the opportunity of playing a catalyzing role in regional integration through provision of development finance. The ensuing prospects conform to the Bank’s envisaged stable outlook. The Bank is internationally rated.
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor; (1 position- Tenure: Up to 3 years)
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting individually, or as part of a team, operational, financial and credit audit engagements as well as leading the Bank’s effort in investigating allegations and suspicions of fraud and corruption in the Bank and its activities, to ensure that all the Bank’s activities are conducted to the highest standards of ethical conduct, good practice and transparency.
In particular the Senior Internal Auditor will:
• Plan, Manage, and execute operational, financial and credit audit reviews in accordance with the approved annual Risk Based Internal Audit plan as approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Prepare audit reports containing all significant findings for communication to line managers, executive management and Audit Committee.
• Participate in the annual audit risk profiling of the Bank.
• Lead all audit and investigation engagements relating to fraud and corruption in the Bank’s activities and its dealings with external parties.
• Periodically review the adequacy of Bank Policies and Operational Procedures in place across all Bank functions, systems and processes to prevent or mitigate the risk of fraud and irregularities in the Bank’s dealings with its internal and external customers.
• Review the integrity and effectiveness of internal controls such as whistle blowing mechanisms and confidential hotlines to be used for the confidential reporting of suspicions or acts of fraud and malpractice.
• Maintaining high quality evidence and documentation from investigations to support the work of internal tribunals and external law enforcement agencies and support successful prosecution of cases of malpractice.
• Ensure prompt communication of key learning outcomes from investigations and timely implementation by line management of recommendations made following investigations.
• Manage relationships with providers of outsourced technical expertise on investigative engagements.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
We wish to discuss this position with nationals of the Member States of the East African Development Bank who are self-driven strategic thinkers with a track record of success in auditing and forensic investigations. You must be of high integrity, have proven leadership qualities, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Other requirements include:
• A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Commerce, Law, Engineering, Forensic Science, Information Systems degree or other relevant discipline.
• Professional accounting and audit certifications including CIA, CPA, ACCA, CISA, QiCA or the equivalent.
• Professional fraud investigation certifications such as CFE, CFCE, CEECS or the equivalent and relevant post graduate academic qualifications (MBA/ Msc / M.A) will be an added advantage.
• Thorough knowledge and experience of forensic investigations including investigations in an information system based environment.
• Ability to undertake and supervise complex investigations that may involve more than one country.
• Good research, and analytical skills, able to synthesise voluminous documents.
• Ability to prepare detailed and factual written reports, and communicate or present complex data or information effectively.
• Have technical skills in the assessment of engineering and equipment supply contracts.
• 8+ years of post qualification experience in auditing and fraud or forensic investigations preferably in a Bank or busy consulting practice with financial services clients.
Requirements for all positions
• Have a clear understanding and commitment to the Bank’s mandate;
• Flexibility and willingness to travel, work and to relocate within East Africa;
• Diligent and able to work with minimum supervision in multinational and multicultural environment;
• Ability and willingness to work long hours and deliver on assignments within short deadlines and to perform other duties that may be assigned to him/her;
• Applicants must be nationals of one of the Member States of the Bank.
If your career aspirations match these challenging and exciting roles, please email your application quoting the relevant job title by 27th August 2010 to Executive Selection Division, KPMG Uganda at the following email address: [email protected] Please attach your CV containing an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, experience, present position, names and addresses of three referees. All applications should be sent via email.
New Contracts may be concluded after expiry of the preceding contract subject to exigencies of the service and mutual agreement of the parties.
Applicants should be nationals of the EADB member states. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The Bank reserves the right to make an alternative offer or no offer at all.