East African Development Bank: Investment Officers Jobs in Uganda
The East African Development Bank (EADB) was established in 1967 under the treaty of the then East African Cooperation. Following the breakup of the community in 1977, the Bank was re-established under its own charter in 1980. Under this charter, the Bank’s role and mandate were reviewed and its operational scope expanded.Under its expanded operational scope, the Bank offers a broad range of financial services in the Member States of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda with an overiding objective of strengthening socio-economic development and regional integration.
EADB is owned by the four member states of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. Other shareholders include the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO), German Investment and Development Company (DEG), SBIC-Africa Holdings, Commercial Bank of Africa, Nairobi, Nordea Bank of Sweden, Standard Chartered Bank, London and Barclays Bank Plc, London.
The revitalization of the regional cooperation among the Member States through the establishment of the new East African Community (EAC) has accorded the Bank the opportunity of playing a catalyzing role in regional integration through provision of development finance. The ensuing prospects conform to the Bank’s envisaged stable outlook. The Bank is internationally rated.
Job Title: Investment Officers (2 national positions): Up to 3 years – Tenable in Rwanda and Uganda – Re-advertised
Reporting to: Respective Country Manager
The Project/Investment Officers will be required to develop investment initiatives, undertake appraisal analysis, advise on investment opportunities and coordinate the implementation of investment decisions to achieve the objectives of the Bank.
Specific duties will include the following:
• Design new products and innovations which must be viable, practical, relevant to the locale and address the requirements of clients;
• Undertake investment analysis and appraisals on proposals submitted to the Bank and prepare investment analysis reports;
• Undertake analysis of existing investment projects implemented and those in the pipeline; identify and manage investment risks;
• Monitor the overall investment climate through research in local and international markets and recommend investment opportunities;
• Coordinate the implementation of investments and monitor the performance of investment projects through progress reporting;
• Prepare periodic investment and income reports;
• Prepare Board papers on investment opportunities and feasibility studies for senior management, the Board of Directors;
• Collect and manage data on investment research and proposals; and
• Monitor collection and recording of income on investments in conjunction with Finance Department to ensure timeliness and compliance with the reporting framework (IFRS, regulatory requirements etc);
• Undertake continous research and provide recommendations to senior management of significant developments, emerging opportunities and challenges in areas of responsibility.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• A finance related, engineering or other numerate degree from a recognized university with professional accounting or finance qualifications such as CPA, ACCA or CFA ;
• Relevant Post graduate degree such as an MBA or Masters in Finance;
• Minimum of 10 years similar or relevant experience in a large commercial or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing;
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using Financial models;
• Proven track record and substantive experience of successful investment, appraisal, analysis and recommendations is required;
• Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations and colleagues;
• Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries and work as team to meet strict timelines;
• Experience of working with a large financial institution in the particular country, or multilateral organization is required;
• International exposure will be an added advantage; and
• Applicants must be nationals of Rwanda or Uganda respectively;
Requirements for all positions
• Have a clear understanding and commitment to the Bank’s mandate;
• Flexibility and willingness to travel, work and to relocate within East Africa;
• Diligent and able to work with minimum supervision in multinational and multicultural environment;
• Ability and willingness to work long hours and deliver on assignments within short deadlines and to perform other duties that may be assigned to him/her;
• Applicants must be nationals of one of the Member States of the Bank.
If your career aspirations match these challenging and exciting roles, please email your application quoting the relevant job title by 27th August 2010 to Executive Selection Division, KPMG Uganda at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your CV containing an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, experience, present position, names and addresses of three referees. All applications should be sent via email.
New Contracts may be concluded after expiry of the preceding contract subject to exigencies of the service and mutual agreement of the parties.
Applicants should be nationals of the EADB member states. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The Bank reserves the right to make an alternative offer or no offer at all.