East African Breweries: Marketing Director, Kenya
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Many of our brands have been around for generations, while some have been developed more recently to meet new consumer tastes and experiences. East African Breweries recruits Marketing Director, Kenya
The Marketing Director will create demand for all KB/UDV brands so as to achieve the company sales and market leadership in terms of Total market leadership, Brand market share, Prices, Volume sales, Sales value (turnover), Share of voice, Share of eye and P.O.S. Domination.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive marketing to maximise company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
The Job holder controls the total company marketing management and customer service development programmes including – pricing, advertising, promotions, packaging, mark-ups, brand plans, margin contribution and export sales marketing. This includes the formulation and the control of the company marketing budget and work with external Advertising Agencies and PR Consultants.
Works with the Managing Director on Environmental and OHSAS management as well as day-to-day performance of the Quality in the marketing department. Develop the staff successfully by implementing a succession plan.
Purpose of Role:
To achieve the company’s market share objectives and building the strength of the company’s existing brands in all the key areas of consumer needs while operating within budgets.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
• Formulate and develop the overall marketing objectives, strategic sales programmes and marketing policies including tactics in line with the company short and long term objectives.
• Identifying and developing the company advertising objectives, strategy and working with the Advertising Agencies to create and roll out brand advertisements that reinforce the company brands positioning, create brand awareness, protect market share erosion and ultimately create demand for KBL/UDV brands.
• Development of promotional strategy and ensure implementation, and effectiveness of the plans through evaluation.
• Identifying new trademarks and ensure they are registered by the company.
• Aggressively identify export opportunities and ensure market entry and sales growth.
• Formulate and ensure implementation of market research programmes.
• Identify market opportunities and develop new brands to maximise company sales.
• Cull brands that are uneconomical to the company.
• Ensure safe working environment and ensure maintenance of ISO 9000 Quality System.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
A Bachelors degree in a business related field
Professional qualification in Marketing (CIM) or MBA
At least 15 years experience with senior management experience of 5 – 10 years in Sales and Marketing at a FMCG company