East African Breweries: Health & Safety Specialist
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Many of our brands have been around for generations, while some have been developed more recently to meet new consumer tastes and experiences. East African Breweries recruits Health & Safety Specialist
To support the Hub Safety Leader in driving health and safety improvements, compliance with health and safety risk management standards and Zero Harm Strategy. This will entail working closely with the safety managers at each EABL site.
• Diageo’s vision creates a powerful mandate for a continuous improvement culture, which reinforces strong performance.
• EABL operates within a constantly changing environment in terms of cost, volumes and performance.
• Significant change is required to deliver improved health and safety performance and clear goals with milestones need to be set.
• The role is established to drive health and safety improvements through the framework of Zero Harm.
• Key relationships will be with the senior managers and safety managers at each EABL site and with fellow hub team members.
• Carry out scheduled/non-scheduled health and safety compliance audits and communicate results (against the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards). Drive actions and improvements arising from these audits.
• Introduce a system of workplace auditing at each site (PPE, guarding etc.)
• Support health and safety training initiatives by developing training modules and assisting in their delivery at each site.
Procedures and Documentation
• Assist with the development and implementation of health and safety documentation to an ISO standard taking into consideration legislative and LTO requirements. Where possible standardise documentation across each site.
• Supporting Hub Safety Leader and covering this role as required.
• Numerate and literate with essential computer skills.
• Understanding of risk assessment and audit methodology.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or science-related discipline.
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent safety qualification (NEBOSH Diploma an advantage).
• Lead auditor with proven track record of auditing experience.
• Effective time management and prioritisation.
• Structured and organised in approach to work.
• Well developed coaching and influencing skills at all levels of the business including external parties.
• Experience in a brewing/packaging environment.
• Experience of delivering change in a production environment.
• Awareness and application of World Class Manufacturing techniques and methodology.
• The ability to make decisions without supervision.
• Experience in auditing, leading change and ensuring actions are delivered.