DSW Job in Kenya – Finance and Admin
Posted: Jun 4, 2013
DSW Finance Officer Job in Kenya
DSW The Finance Officer supports the finance and administration department in successfully implementing its goals. The Finance Officer in cooperation with the Team Coordinator Finance is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting in line with DSW regulations and policies as well as with national financial laws.
Position: Finance Officer
Department: Finance & Admin
General areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for book-keeping (cash and bank books), payments and all financial documentation
- Support the Team Coordinator, Finance with the preparation of financial reports and audits
- Support the ITM or National Department Manager in preparing strategic recommendations
- Support the National Department Manager in preparing regular reports according to DSW guidelines and procedures
- Review and monitor partners financial reporting and compliance with DSW and or donors regulations
- Preparation of Pay Roll and follow up on social security regulations
- Assist to compile and analyze financial information to prepare timely monthly, quarterly financial statements including year end close and annual accounts
- Assist in development, maintain and analyze budgets, preparing period reports that compare budgeted costs and actual cost.
- Assist in financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Reconcile multicurrency – cashbook with bank statements and checking balances against verifiable documents on a monthly basis.
- Prepare cheque payments and ensure that payments are made against verifiable accounting documents.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of data into the accounting system – SUN Ledger i.e. payments, various journals types and receipts.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems making use of current computer technology of all financial transactions in accordance with the accounting procedures.
- Follow up on reimbursements and surrender of imprest as per approved procedures.
- Ensure all Donors and partners’ financial reporting requirement and deadlines are adhered to.
- Prepare monthly revenue, expenditure returns, financial statements and reports.
- Provide support to monthly standard accounting submissions to HO including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditure by cost center/project, required sub-grantee reporting, as well as other financial information on a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and monitor partners financial reporting and compliance.
- Liaising with project team, prepare finance requests as per budgets and also follow up on reimbursements and surrender of imprest as per approved procedures.
- Ensure compliance with DSW procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Withholding and remittance of statutory deductions e.g. PAYE, NHIF , NSSF & DIT,
- Participate in the internal audit reviews as required in accordance with the audit plan through provision of the required information.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized university majoring in Finance or Accounting with a professional accounting qualification such as CPA (K) or ACCA or equivalent. A Masters degree will be an advantage.
- 5 years progressive working experience working in a similar position in an international organization, INGO and or institutional donor funded environments
- Working knowledge of integrated accounting packages; experience with SUN accounting software is of particular interest to us
- Excellent technical accounting and analytical skills, computer (MS Office) skills
- Proactive hands-on person with the ability to think strategically as well as identify and implement practical actions to a high standard
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal and team working skills, working language is English.
- Proven project management skills
- Proven donor finance management skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- High level of integrity and diplomacy
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
If you are interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter) with the reference “(Finance Officer)” to: [email protected]
Deadline for application: Before Midnight on 14th June 2013(Kenyan time)
Ideal start date: Immediately
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.