DSW International Team Manager – Advocacy Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 27, 2013
DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) is an international development and advocacy organisation with headquarters in Hannover, offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, and liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
DSW also works in partnership with sub-grantees in Burkina Faso, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, India, Indonesia, Nepal, and Pakistan.
DSWs main goal is to help people free themselves from poverty.
For this purpose we support integrated programs in sexual reproductive health and rights focusing on youth empowerment, advocacy, and capacity building of local partners.
DSW seeks to recruit an International Team Manager – Advocacy (ITM AD) to be based in Nairobi, Kenya
The ITM AD is the link between DSWs Directors’ Council dealing with strategic decisions and the operationalisation of the strategic goals and objectives at country office and international level.
(S)He ensures cohesive policy development and design of strategic interventions in DSWs global advocacy.
(S)he works closely with DSW staff to effectively link project design, quality implementation, documentation and reporting.
Areas of responsibility for the position include:
- Lead coherent organization wide approach in DSWs global advocacy Strategies and Policies
- Develop clear Targets/work plans for DSW’s advocacy and ensure follow-up
- Provide support to the advocacy team to ensure quality results
- Seek funding opportunities in support of the strategic plan
- Work effectively with donors and relevant CSO’s
- Ensure effective and efficient management of advocacy projects by DSW’s offices and partners, including financial management
- Conduct advocacy on national and international levels to advance DSW’s mission and strategic goals
- Promote and manage relevant partnerships
- Research, analyse and report on policies and funds affecting DSWs mission and strategic plan
- Ensure documentation and impact evaluation of advocacy programmes
- Advanced university degree (MA), or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English. Fluency in an additional international language is advantageous
- Excellent coordination, communication and computer skills
- Flexibility and problem solving skills with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure
- At least 5 years of working experience at senior level in a similar field
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best qualified personnel.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your current and expected salary) with the reference “ITM Advocacy” in the subject line to: [email protected]
Applications will be considered until 10th October 2013.
The ideal start date is immediately.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.