Dotsavvy Digital Copywriter Job in Kenya (Full-Time / Part-Time)
Purpose of the Position: This position is responsible for refining and extending our clients brands through digital channels. This entails increasing the quality of client digital marketing outcomes by elevating copy and building brand voice for them.
It also entails collaborating with digital designers, application developers and other team members from conceptualising digital marketing solutions to execution for major digital communication pieces and ad campaigns as well as creating fresh and targeted copy for e-newsletters, digital ads, promotional videos, web sites and social media.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate
- Responsible for creating branded copy across a variety of digital communications from corporate web sites to social media campaigns that emphasise client brand tone (bold, smart, inviting) and benefits its reader
- Develop creative from concept through final execution across a range of communications deliverables, including e-newsletters, web sites, social media, promotions, branded videos, online magazine articles, and other digital marketing collateral
- Acts as brand steward for our clients and supports the their brand positioning, while maintaining a consistent style and voice over all copy developed and repurposed
- Effectively explain work in defense of the brief and/or direction given, and present a clear articulation of recommendations (i.e. one concept or approach over another)
- Incorporate all revisions and suggestions from internal and external reviewers of the work produced
- Maintain specific brand, product and business knowledge and understand digital marketing and sales needs for our clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background and work experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional copywriting experience in a digital and/or ad agency environment
- Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative concept development and writing
- Detail oriented with excellent proofreading skills
- Thorough understanding of digital culture and social media
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced in-house agency environment
- Ability to present and explain the creative strategy behind copywriting concepts and sell high caliber creative work to business owners
- Good communication skills are essential with all members of the Dotsavvy team
If you think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your CV on [email protected] by the 24th January 2014.
Do you want to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond? Dotsavvy is a 10+ years old full-service Digital Agency with digital strategy, digital content, digital advertising, social media, technology integration, apps, web site design and mobile marketing capabilities.