Donor Relations and Resource Mobilization Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 13, 2014
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individuals to fill the following key positions.
Manager Donor Relations and Resource Mobilization
Report: To the National Executive Secretary
Purpose of the post: Develop and implement resource mobilization strategy to support the realization of Commission strategic plan and growth objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and write highly competitive grant proposals
- Ensure alignment of research with the KCCB / Commission strategy
- Establish quality standards for proposals and concept notes and ensure achievement (through monitoring, mentoring and training)
- Ensure communication and knowledge management are built into every project proposal
- Prepare key donor documents in coordination with commission staff
- Develop and maintain database of donors, project concept notes and project proposals
- Assess on a bi-annual basis Commission performance on project development and approval
- Maintain project tracking system and ensure all donor funding requirements are met
- Periodically carry-out donor interest and focus surveys in order to identify trends in donor funding priorities.
- Donor relations and fundraising profession
- Must have outstanding organizational, analytical and priority setting skills with.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent communicator, able to listen to and engage with multilateral, bilateral, corporate and foundation donors.
- University degree in Marketing, Communication, Fundraising, Business Administration or related discipline
- Superior knowledge of best practices in international donor relations and fundraising
- At least 5 five years’ experience in resource mobilization/fund raising and proposal development for an international research or development organization
- Experience with bilateral, multilateral funding agencies, and familiarity with private foundations that fund nonprofit organizations
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Proven negotiation, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong English writing and speaking skills
- Proven ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously and to perform under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- A team player, with proven performance in a multi-cultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Episcopal Conference-Catholic Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 14th January 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted