Diakonie Emergency Aid Program Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 198K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 7, 2014
Diakonie Emergency Aid – Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position;
Program Officer - Based in Nairobi, with frequent travel to African Countries
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director, the Program officer will be responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian projects which are implemented by partner organizations.
- Regular travel to countries of operation
- Follow the humanitarian and security context in countries of operation
- Support staff of partner organizations to ensure timely submission of quality project proposals and monthly project reports
- Monitor projects progress through field visits and checking/analysing documentation
- Evaluate projects
- Report monthly to the Deputy Regional Director on project progress
- Write interim/final reports according to donor requirements
- Maintain systems for project related documentation
- Communicate with partners in the field and desk officers at headquarters in Germany
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 Years humanitarian experience in programing
- University degree in business administration/management, development studies and/or relevant technical qualification (agriculture/food security, water and sanitation, civil engineering etc.)
- Experience with PME in INGOs
- Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software: MS Word, Excel & Email applications required
This will be a one year contract with possible extension.
Gross pay: KES 198,000
To receive an application form, send an email to: [email protected]
Applications must include an application form, cover letter and a daytime telephone number.
The deadline for submission of applications is Monday, 17th February 2014.
All applications should be sent to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.