Depot Manager Job in Kenya
Reporting to: Sales and Marketing Director – on Administration /Staffing and Sales, Finance Director – on PnL, credit , stock and finance related matters
- management of sales team,
- customer service,
- all depot processing and administration,
- ordering of finished goods from HO,
- ensuring completion of depot maintenance checklists,
- ensuring proper stock control procedures are in operation,
- involvement in and management of credit control and collection and responsibility for office staff and drivers.
- Ensuring achievement of volume/profit objectives.
- Maximising the level of sales
- Keep the level of debtors as low as possible
- Administration and Paperwork
- Stocks: Maintain adequate stock levels and records and ensure that losses are kept to a minimum
- Costs: Keep costs to a minimum and within budget
- Safety & Security: To ensure that staff work in a safe and secure environment and that we conduct our business in a safe manner
- Staff: Manage the staff to ensure that they are adequately trained and capable of performing their roles
- Trucks / Other vehicles & Drivers.
Leadership: The candidate will have good people management and leadership skills. He/she will also be required to build interpersonal relationships and interact positively with own staff members and other management.
Delegation: The ability to work under pressure within a team and the ability to multi task are important attributes for this role. The candidate must be capable of delegating work to others in a fair and equitable manner.
Communications: The candidate will have good communication skills and will work to develop relationships both internally and externally at various levels. In particular, interactions with senior management, customers and internal support depts.
Initiative / Decision Making: The candidate will have good problem solving skills and be highly motivated. He/she will be required to work on own initiative and must therefore possess good decision making skills.